It’s not a party unless you have a balloon arch. Over the past year, balloon arches have become a party essential. Decorate any type of party from baby showers, birthday parties, bridal showers, and even weddings with a gorgeous ombre pink balloon arch. Save money at your next party and learn how to make your own balloon arch without helium. Make this gorgeous ombre pink balloon arch using pink balloons, a balloon pump, and a balloon strip. Add some flowers and a festive gold garland to your DIY balloon arch for a glamourous touch. Style your own balloon arch behind a dessert table or even a DIY streamer backdrop . Discover how to make a balloon arch your guests with love with my step-by-step tutorial.
Disclaimer: In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog post contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pink Balloons
- Hot Pink Balloons
- Magenta Balloons
- Balloon Decorating Strip and Balloon Glue Dots
- Hand Held Balloon Pump (optional)
- Electric Balloon Pump
- Command Hooks
- Garland ( optional)
1.Blow up your balloons to various sizes ranging from 4 to 10 inches. The key to creating a stunning balloon arch is different size balloons. This Wood Balloon Sizer Cube Box will help you measure your balloons correctly and create a beautiful balloon arch. If you’re making a small balloon arch, then a regular balloon pump from Dollar Tree will work perfectly. However, if you are making a bigger balloon arch then use this Electric Air Balloon Pump to blow up your balloons. I promise you this portable balloon machine is awesome! The balloon machine features two air nozzles which makes it super easy to blow up lots of balloons. The best part, it’s super affordable! Trust me, this little balloon machine will save you time and money when making your balloon arch.
2.Once you have completed blowing up all your balloons, start attaching your balloons to the balloon decorating strip. Make sure to leave space at the beginning of the balloon strip to hang the balloon arch. Feel free to arrange the balloons in whatever design you desire. For this particular balloon design, I choose an ombre pink design. First, I attached the pink balloons, hot pink balloons, and finally the magenta pink balloons.
3. Tape your smaller balloons to your balloon arch using ballon tape. Take two pieces of balloon tape and place it on either side of the balloon. Find a space in between two bigger balloons and place a smaller balloon.
How to hang a balloon arch
1. Find a location to hang your balloon arch. I would recommend hanging the balloon arch on the wall, around a door, on a staircase or near an archway.
2.Place command hooks on the wall where you want to place your balloon arch. I would recommend 2- 3 command hooks.
3. Cut a couple of pieces of string. Put the string through the hole on the balloon strip. Repeat this step 2-3 times. Take each string and attached it to the command hooks.
4. Once you hung the balloon arch, wrap the garland around your balloons. Then stick the flowers in between the balloons. Secure the flowers to the balloon using clear tape.
5. Style your balloon arch with a fringe backdrop, behind a dessert table, or as a photobooth backdrop.