Wake up every morning feeling like you are on vacation with this tropical-inspired “Hello Gorgeous “ DIY neon sign. Transform any of your boring white walls in your home into a tropical paradise with this adorable pink DIY neon sign. This homemade sign is the perfect reminder that you are gorgeous on the inside and out. Make this easy DIY neon sign with El wire and tropical leaf wallpaper. Discover how to make neon signs at home with my simple step-by-step tutorial listed down below.
Disclaimer: In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog post contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you).As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Foam Board
- Box Cutter
- Tropical Palm Leaf Wallpaper ( Optional)
- 20Ft Pink EL Wire Kits With Battery Packs
- Loctite Super Glue
- Battery ( 9v)
1. Cut the foam board to the size you desire. My foam board measurements are (2ft x 1ft and 10 inches). Wrap the foam board in Tropical Palm Leaf Wallpaper.
2. Create your own printable sign on Google Docs or Canva. Type your quote in whatever font you desire and use it as a guide when you trace your letters. I created a FREE printable guide on Canva using the Pacifico font. Feel free to download my Hello Gorgeous DIY Neon Sign PDF.
3.Use the print out as a guide to trace the letters onto the board. Take a ruler and measure where you want to place your words on the board. Feel free to place the print out on the board and directly trace the words. If you want your words bigger than use the printable guide as a reference and loosely trace the words on the board.
4.Grab a box cutter and make holes in the board where the El wire will go through the board. These holes will allow the wire to go through the front and back of the board. Below I created a guide to show you where to cut the holes on the board. Download the printable Hello Gorgeous DIY Neon Sign Hole Guide.
5.Pull the El wire through the first hole on the board and trace the wires around the letters. When you get to your second hole push the wire through the front of the board to the back of the board. Secure the wire on the back of the board with tape. Then pull the wire through the third hole. Continue to bring the wire between the front and back of the board as you spell out the words using the El wire. Tape the El wire to the board to keep the wire from moving as you spell out the words. Sidenote: When you get to the “r” in gorgeous make sure to loop the antenna in the “r” to make it easier to bend the wire as you shape the letters.
6. Glue the El wire to the board using the Loctite glue. Let the glue dry for at least two hours.
7.Style this DIY Neon Sign on your dresser, on your desk or in a gallery wall.