If there is one thing I would wear every day and never take off would be **insert drumroll** a crown. Since I can’t afford one made out of 24K gold I will settle for a flower crown made out of leaves. Yes, fall leaves! I turned an old fall leaf garland into a homemade flower crown that I am dying to wear every day this fall season. I mixed my love of fall with my obsession with sunflowers to create an inspired boho flower crown. Making a flower crown with fake flowers for the fall is super easy and very affordable. This simple DIY is perfect to be used for a flower girl, bridal party or even the inner bohemian princess in you. Discover how to make this DIY fall flower crown down below.
Disclaimer: In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog post contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you).
1.Measure the size of your head and cut both garland and floral wire to match the size of your head. Once you have found the perfect fit, wrap the loose end of the floral wire together using floral tape.
2. Cut the stems of your flowers to the length you desire. I would suggest cutting the flower to two-three inches.
3. Wrap the leaf garland around the floral wire. Then tape the garland around the wire using floral tape.
4. Add sunflowers onto the garland wherever you desire. I put a sunflower after every 2-3 leaves. Add the flowers onto the garland using floral wire. Then wrap the wire in tape just to secure the stem onto the wire. Also, to prevent the wire from sticking onto your hair.
5. Wrap the uncovered floral wire with ribbon to give the headband a finished look.
6. Lastly, put the crown on your head and embrace the inner queen in you.