Fall is here! Hooray! This is my favorite time of year to grab a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and browse the stores looking for festive fall decor. This year I found dried pampas grass at Micheals and the idea popped in my head to make a DIY fall pampas grass garland. I have seen pampas grass in all colors at weddings, bridal showers, and birthdays. I thought I would bring this party decor trend into my home in the form of a DIY pampas grass garland for my fireplace mantel. Dust off your fireplace mantel and create this DIY fall garland using dried pampas grass, faux burgundy bunny tails, and eucalyptus leaves. Scroll down below to learn how to make this easy and affordable DIY fall garland.
Disclaimer: In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog post contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you).
1. Cut your dried flowers and pampas grass to the length you desire. Take your pampas grass and flowers and make a small arrangement. Wrap the arrangement in floral tape or floral wire. Before you start making the arrangements make sure to measure your fireplace mantel. Then make the necessary amount of arrangements to cover the length of your mantel. I would recommend making 6 bunches.
2. Take your eucalyptus leaves and make two medium-size bunches. Wrap the arrangement and eucalyptus leaves in floral tape.
3. Tie the twine around the bottom of the eucalyptus arrangement and then using the same string tie another knot around the bottom of the first pampas grass arrangement. Repeat this step until all 5-6 pampas grass arrangements are tied onto the same string. Once you have finished tying the string to all the pampas grass arrangements then tie the string to the second bunch of eucalyptus leaves. Then you can cut the string.
How To Hang Pampas Grass Garland
1. Using floral wire tie a knot on the bottom of the first pampas grass arrangement. Then using the end of the same wire tie another knot on the dried flower stem attached to the second pampas grass arrangement.
2. Cut the twine into a few short pieces and then tie the twine to the end of each arrangement. Using the loose ends of each piece of twine secure it to your mantel using thumbtacks, duck tape or command hooks.
3. Add some fall festive decor on your fireplace mantel and your home is ready for the fall season!